Bring on the adventure
Nail-biting. Heart-pounding. Love, death, and everything in between.
We are looking for stories that are juicy—full of plot and awesome. But that doesn’t mean we want to skimp on taste. Give us your gorgeous prose, your vast landscapes of wonder, and your characters that make us care. We want to be inspired by you, frightened by you, and forever changed by you.
Submit if you dare.
Humans are the Problem: A Monster's Anthology
Weird Little Worlds Press is looking for contributors to its inaugural Kickstarter science fiction, fantasy, and horror anthology. Bring your weird and help us tell the best monster stories you’ve ever imagined.
Bring us your tired tropes reimagined for the new world. Tell us the story that no one has told from the monster that we all think we know. Funny, smart, sad…but always scary.
Note: This is a Kickstarter project, so everything in contingent on us reaching our goal of $6,547. Once we hit over $8,000, we’ll be able to pay everyone .06 per word and give all authors a cool swag packages.
What we want:
- Something creative and fresh
- Monster tropes that are turned inside out and upside down
- Funny, scary, and/or plotty
- Big stories that are told in a small way
- Crisp writing with all the fat cut away
- Diverse voices of all backgrounds, nationalities, gender identifications, sexual orientations, races, religions, and cultures
What we don’t want:
- Anything that reminds us of “Bright” or “Onward”
- Fan fiction
- Previously published stories
- Boring monsters doing boring stuff
- Excessive gore, sex, or swearing (we have a hard PG-13 bent, so we don’t HATE it, but it has to be pretty pertinent and defensible)
- A narrative-disguised soap box — we aren’t your platform for preaching ANYTHING
- Anything unedited. At least run it by another set of eyes before you send it.
.05 per word
May 15, 2021